ATR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal 'AtR'SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another new model - dirt

Go down 
+6
Belgian_Gunner
Jamz.
LoopingMurdoch
Kozzi
Ventil
String
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
String
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
String

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2010-04-16

Another new model - dirt Empty
PostSubject: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 12:34

Just getting some feedback for my latest model. Trying to make a free fantasy buggy type dirt car w/big wheels. Now this is the very first draft from inside Lightwave, and it has no details, colors, textures, mirrors, lights, exhaust, deco, spoiler etc etc etc, just raw polygons, so please bear that in mind. Nothing but the general shape here. If you think it looks too weird...good, that's what i aim for! ^^ Got "inspired" by Gunner's comment in the other model thread, so this is thanks to you, m8. It does have windows though, but as you can see it's not really windows, but more a dome of glass...if I decide to keep it. Not sure if the coming character inside will look better with or without glass. Laughing Not gonna be a ninja this time though Razz

Another new model - dirt Hamstring1Another new model - dirt Hamstring3
Another new model - dirt Hamstring2

Last edited by String on 7th May 2011, 13:12; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ventil
Admin
Admin
Ventil

Number of posts : 5556
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 13:09

Seems to be a car i would use!!

Very crazy!!
Back to top Go down
Kozzi
ATR Pro
ATR Pro

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2010-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 17:07

Looks interesing farao
Back to top Go down
String
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
String

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 20:26

thx guys, gonna start on the details then. Gonna take some time. I'll post a new pic after they're done.
Back to top Go down
LoopingMurdoch
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
LoopingMurdoch

Number of posts : 3749
Registration date : 2009-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 22:00

very nice work !! ! full respect
Back to top Go down
https://teamatr.forumactif.com
Jamz.
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
Jamz.

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2010-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime7th May 2011, 22:23

Looking pretty cool String, nice job Wink

Back to top Go down
Belgian_Gunner
Admin
Admin
Belgian_Gunner

Number of posts : 2543
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime8th May 2011, 08:45

Keep it up string !
Back to top Go down
http://www.frankclaes.be
Chaotic
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
Chaotic

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime10th May 2011, 01:27

Will the spike tires give me better grip? xD
Back to top Go down
String
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
String

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime10th May 2011, 15:32

LOL nice one Chao, anyways, here's a couple more screens from within Lightwave.

Another new model - dirt Hamstring5
Another new model - dirt Hamstring4

yep it's a skelly, works nicely...easy to adjust limbs to the steering wheel & pretty few polys for a 3d character. It'll look better with AA Wink
If you notice there's no rear axle yet. Still wondering how to make it fit in a good way. same with mirrors. perhaps ditch mirrors altogether... scratch scratch drunken
Back to top Go down
String
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
String

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime10th May 2011, 16:11

Nicer now, made the skel smoother, and stuck a steering wheel and a seat inside ^^

Another new model - dirt Hamstring6
Back to top Go down
Alex
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
Alex

Number of posts : 2220
Registration date : 2010-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime10th May 2011, 16:36

hahaha nice job man!! loved the skel and the rear (of the car) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ventil
Admin
Admin
Ventil

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime10th May 2011, 17:54

oh my god! xD
Back to top Go down
String
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
String

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime11th May 2011, 00:40

Ok did a quick setup of pivots in 3dsmax, just so I can see if suspensions and wheels etc respond like they should. Everything worked fine, but may have to cut & paste a few surfaces in Lightwave first, to sharpen some edges. Should be quick enuff. Time to focus on setting up the UV maps.

This is how the test looked, as you can see it looks pretty bland and dull, cuz there are no textures or shadows on it yet.
(is it just me, or is this starting to sound like a diary Razz)

Another new model - dirt Hamstring7
Back to top Go down
Chaotic
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
Chaotic

Number of posts : 1307
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime11th May 2011, 01:14

String that's awesome! I didn't even notice the skelly at first. But you can't see him through the windshield. Maybe make it a convertible?

Oh and I have a 3-d Modeling Idea for you....How about an 1960's hearse with the grim reaper as the driver and plates that have 666 on them? Laughing Now that would be Coooooool! cheers
Back to top Go down
String
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
String

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime11th May 2011, 01:48

lol sounds complicated but very cool. Anyways, prolly gonna be a while before I make another car, and this one isn't even done yet. Also I'm waiting for news of whether TM2 will allow for import or usage of TMUF cars Wink

PS: I can modify the amount of reflection of the glass once I start skinning it so you'll be able to see the skel then. Also it's in a bad angle in the pic, where it reflects more. Not to mention the details.dds, which is only one color now, is pretty dark and tints the glass dark too.
Back to top Go down
p0acher
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
p0acher

Number of posts : 1081
Registration date : 2010-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime11th May 2011, 06:47

Very nice String, love the buggy look.
Back to top Go down
Jamz.
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
Jamz.

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime11th May 2011, 16:38

Looking very cool string, you should submit this W.I.P to the TM carpark 3D forums.
Back to top Go down
Belgian_Gunner
Admin
Admin
Belgian_Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime11th May 2011, 17:17

Love it allready ! Can Jamz make a superb skin on it too, or do you want to do that part too ?
Back to top Go down
String
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
String

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime13th May 2011, 09:31

Yeah been thinking about it, but I'll prolly make a skin too. It may not be as cool as Jamz' would be, but I'm such an impatient guy, lol. Of course if he wants to, and it looks really cool, perhaps I'll consider making a low poly version so I can post it on carpark. However I've tried that before, and they're very picky with what models they allow, so no guarantees they'll actually accept it.

At the moment I'm doing the most booooooring part though, which is UV mapping. Meaning unwrapping of the 3d parts the car is made of into 2d surfaces which can then be skinned (analogy: think of an xmas present only made of the paper u see on the outside, and then unwrapping it, putting the paper flat on the ground). Really gotta muster all I got of motivation for this step, so prolly gonna take a while. Sleep drunken
Back to top Go down
Belgian_Gunner
Admin
Admin
Belgian_Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime13th May 2011, 17:22

Well, my opinion is, that if it is an ATR car, it should only be for ATR memebers !!!! But hey, it is your creation after all !
Back to top Go down
Jamz.
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
Jamz.

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime13th May 2011, 21:50

Hey String of course i will do your skin no probs, just let me know when your ready Wink

P.s do you want me to resume making the skin for the car you sent me?, or would you rather i put all my efforts first into this new buggy one?
Back to top Go down
String
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
String

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime14th May 2011, 06:46

Cool, Jamz. As it happens, I'm just done mapping the uvs, and I've made a projshad too, so the skinning templates are ready to go. In fact, all that's left to do is skin.
Here's how it looks after i've stuck on a personalized shadow and the baking is done, and with only one color in each texture file - blue for diffuse & dark grey for details. Only thing I've stuck on the actual car is the baking shadows. Don't worry, the default shadow template is untouched ^^ Also you'll notice I've reduced the widt of the rear wheels, there was simply not enuff room for the axle to flex in a good way. Oh and I replaced the flags with a spoiler, and (I hope you forgive me) I enlarged the wheel spikes. And most importantly, the edge of the actual car cube seems to correspond well with the outer edge of the wheels, which allows for good accuracy dealing with rails n' such ^^

Another new model - dirt Hamstring8

not given any thought to if you guys want it to be an ATR car, but if Jamz makes an ATR texture and there's interest for it, I got no problem with NOT posting it on Carpark. In fact I'd be thrilled not to have those über-picky guys throw their ugly biased opinions at it Wink
Back to top Go down
Jamz.
ATR Pro
ATR Pro
Jamz.

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime14th May 2011, 10:23

Thats looking pretty damn good String, send me the files when your ready and i will get started soon.

Dont blame you for keeping away from carpark though, alot of the time you get no comments or picky negative comments, far too strict imo. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Belgian_Gunner
Admin
Admin
Belgian_Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime14th May 2011, 13:41

I'm in for this car to be the ATR Car !!!!!!
I want it - I want it !!!!
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Ventil
Admin
Admin
Ventil

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime14th May 2011, 14:26

Really awesome work String!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another new model - dirt   Another new model - dirt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another new model - dirt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next